Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 pkg | 500 g bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 1/4 cup | 60 mL butter
- 2 leeks, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup | 250 mL fresh button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup | 75 mL dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups | 325 mL half and half cream or milk
- 1 pkg | 150 g smoked salmon, sliced into slivers
- 1 pkg | 200 g Arla® Smoked Havarti Cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp | 45 mL fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp | 30 mL capers, drained and chopped (optional)
In a large saucepan of salted boiling water add pasta and cook until al dente – approximately 10 minutes.
In a large skillet, add butter and melt over medium heat; add leeks and button mushrooms and cook until leeks are softened – approximately 7 - 10 minutes. Add white wine and cook for an additional 5 minutes; reduce heat to medium-low, add cream or milk, smoked salmon, grated Smoked Havarti Cheese and season with salt and pepper; gently simmer until cheese is melted.
Drain pasta and return to saucepan; add salmon/cheese mixture, using a wooden spoon carefully combine; top with chopped parsley and capers if desired.