Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 tbsp | 30 mL
- 2 cups | 225 g leeks, rinsed well and thinly sliced
- 1 piece | 250 g smoked trout, skin removed and broken into flakes
- 1/4 cup | 60 mL fresh chives, chopped
- pinch paprika
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups | 185 g table cream or whole milk
- 1 cup | 250 mL Arla® Smoked Havarti Cheese, coarsely grated
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 1/4 cup | 60 mL butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat; add leeks and gently simmer until leeks are softened – approximately 7 – 10 minutes; add trout flakes and half of the chives; season with salt, pepper and paprika; stir and continue to cook on low heat for approximately 5 additional minutes.
Lightly brush 4 – 4” tartlet tins with melted butter. Cut 16 4 1/2” rounds of filo pastry. Add a round of filo pastry to each tin; top with another round, brush with butter, using 4 rounds for each tin. Add equal amounts of leek/trout mixture to each tin.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cream or milk and grated Havarti Cheese. Gently pour egg mixture equally over leek/trout mixture; top with remaining chives.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or just set and lightly golden.