Ingredients (6-8 Servings):
- 2 pkgs | 200 g each Arla® Chipotle & Habanero Havarti Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp 30 mL all purpose flour
- 1 cup | 250 mL Mexican beer
- 1 tbsp | 15 mL freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 can | 127 mL green chilies, chopped
- 1/4 cup | 60 mL roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp | 2 mL cumin
- 1/2 tsp | 2 mL ground white pepper
- 1 tsp | 5 mL smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup | 60 mL fresh cilantro, chopped
In a large bowl combine the shredded Havarti Cheese and flour, set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
Add beer to the fondue pot bowl and turn the burner on to high.
Allow the beer to foam; add lemon juice. Reduce heat, add the green chilies and roasted red peppers. Add the Harvarti Cheese/flour mixture gradually, stirring in between additions until melted. Add cumin, pepper and paprika; season to taste with salt. Stir in fresh cilantro. Serve with a mixture of tortilla chips, toasted baguette slices and for some extra kick, dried cured chorizo and pickled jalapeno pepper slices.