Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Servings: 18 muffins
- 1/2 cup canola or other oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use 0%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup blueberries (if frozen, toss with 1 tsp flour)
- 1 (200g) package Arla Organic Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 18 muffin cups with liners (or use silicone muffin cups).
In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, sugar, eggs, yogurt, vanilla and lemon juice with a whisk until combined.
Add flours, baking powder, salt and lemon zest and stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
In a medium bowl, whisk together cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, egg white, and 1 tablespoon flour until smooth.
Place one heaping tablespoon of muffin batter into the bottom of each cup. Divide cream cheese mixture evenly between muffin cups. Top with remaining muffin batter, dividing evenly between the muffin cups (it's fine if it doesn't cover the cream cheese completely!).
Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffins comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Store in the refrigerator up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 3 months.
Recipe courtesy of The Recipe Rebel