2 cups gingersnap cookies, finely crushed
2 tbsp granulated sugar
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Pinch of sea salt
5 pkgs (200 g each) Arla Original Cream Cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
¼ cup orange juice
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp orange zest (optional)
Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed gingersnaps, sugar, melted butter and salt.
- Using a flat sided measuring cup, press the mixture into the bottom and 1” up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes; remove from oven to cool while making the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer beat Arla Cream Cheese, sugar, and flour just until combined.
- Scrape sides of bowl; add sour cream and vanilla, continue to beat until combined.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing at low speed just until blended.
- Pour filling into crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes – the centre of the cheesecake will have about 2-3 inches of a wobbly spot in the centre.
- Remove from oven; run a knife or spatula around rim of pan, cool completely and refrigerate at least 4 hours before garnishing and serving
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or just as cranberries begin to pop.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice and cornstarch, stir to combine, and add to saucepan.
- Bring to boil again; cook and stir 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat, cool, and refrigerate before topping cheesecake.